List of Best Books for Banking Exams preparation, Top Books for IBPS Bank Clerk and Bank PO (SBI, RRB, RBI, IBPS) All Exams in 2018-2019
The recruitment procedure of IBPS Clerk takes place to determine the eligible candidates for the post of Clerical Cadre. The candidates who are going to appear in the examination must be looking for books to study for pre and main exams. One of a trickiest task is to choose the right book for the preparation of the subject syllabus.
A pre-Examination Training will be arranged at centers by Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations to instruct the candidates for preliminary examination. The entrants who wish to apply for pre- Training have to fill an online application form on the prescribed date. It will be free of cost training.
Before I tell you about best books, I would like to highlight the exam pattern of IBPS Bank PO and Bank Clerk in short.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted online only. The exam will be conducted in two phases- Phase 1 and Phase 2. Phase 1 is a preliminary exam and phase 2 is mains examination.
IBPS Clerk Prelims exam contains 100 questions of 100 marks with a time duration of 01 hours.
The Preliminary exam will have 3 sections namely:-
English Language. – 30 Marks
Quantitative Aptitude – 35 Marks
Reasoning Ability – 35 Marks
The total number of questions comprising this phase is 30+35+35= 100 and the total marks allotted for this phase are 30+35+35= 100 marks.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam pattern
The mains examination is divided into 4 sections and this exam also is conducted online. The five sections of the exam are as follows:
- The first section is General/Financial Awareness (with special reference to banking) section comprising 50 numbers of questions and total marks allotted for this section will be 50 and time frame for this section is 35 minutes.
- The next section is the English language which will have 40 questions and total marks for this section will be 40 marks. Timeframe allotted for this section is 30 minutes.
- The third section is Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude Section. This section consists of 50 questions and total marks allotted for this section is 60 marks and the time frame is 45 minutes.
- The next section is quantitative aptitude which consists of 50 questions and maximum marks for this section will be 50 marks and time allotted is 45 minutes. This section needs to be prepared by the candidate’s very well as the syllabus is very vast for this section and so there is need to properly plan the schedule for studying this section.
So the total marks for this examination will be 50+40+60+50= 200 and a total number of questions will be 50+40+50+50= 190. The total time allotted for this exam is 35+35+45+45= 160 minutes.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 – IBPS is expected to release the IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 later this year. The exam pattern of IBPS PO 2018 will help the candidates understand the structure of the examination. Through IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018, candidates will get to know the marking scheme, nature of the questions, duration of the exam, different sections or sectional division of the exam, mode of the test, time allotted to complete the exam, etc. Candidates who qualify the prelims examination, will be eligible to appear in the mains exam and further, the qualifying candidates of mains will be shortlisted for appearing in the interview. Read further to find all the details about the exam pattern of IBPS PO.
Important Points about IBPS PO 2018
- IBPS will conduct the IBPS PO prelims on October 13, 14, 20 and 21 and IBPS PO mains exam on November 18, 2018.
- Candidates appearing for IBPS PO 2018 exam will have to mandatorily clear all the three phases – IBPS PO Preliminary Exam, IBPS PO Mains Exam and the interview which will help them secure positions as probationary officers and management trainees in 20 participating organizations.
- IBPS PO prelims exam will have three sections – reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude and English language. The questions asked in this exam wi
- IBPS PO Mains exam will have four sections – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language and Data Analysis and Interpretation and one descriptive section. Questions in this exam would be objective in nature.
Marking scheme of IBPS PO 2018
Candidates will be given +1 for every right answer in both IBPS PO prelims and mains.
In both IBPS Prelims and Mains, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
IBPS PO interview will carry 100 marks. In the interview, the candidates will be asked questions from general awareness, banking awareness, etc.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 – Prelims
|S.No.||Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||Total 1 hour|
- IBPS PO Preliminary Exam will be conducted online.
- Duration for preliminary examination will be 1 hour.
- Exam Pattern of IBPS PO Prelims 2018 will have three sections – Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
- According to the exam pattern of IBPS PO, the prelims exam will carry a weightage of 100 marks against 100 questions.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 – Mains
|S. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning and Computer Aptitutde||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4.||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|5.||English Language (Letter writing and Essay writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
- The IBPS PO mains exam will have a descriptive section for which the candidates have to prepare essay writing and letter writing. The exam will be held online.
- This examination will have 4 sections – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language and Data Analysis and Interpretation. IBPS PO mains examination will carry 200 marks in total, excluding the descriptive exam which will be of 25 marks.
- Candidates will be given 3 hours to complete the exam. For the descriptive section, 30 minutes wherein they have to take two questions of 25 marks.
- The candidates appearing for the mains examination are supposed to attempt all sections in order and within the allotted time for each section.
- Candidates cannot move on to the other sections before they complete any particular section.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 – Interview
IBPS PO candidates will be called for interview once they have qualified the the Mains examination, securing the required cutoffs specified by IBPS. The interview will be conducted for 15 to 20 minutes and will carry weightage of 100 marks. The panel interviewing the candidates will be of the bank. Candidates will be asked questions related to banking sector, general awareness, current affairs, etc. It’s important for the interviewee to carry his/her documents like marksheets, IDs, photographs and others required documents to the interview venue.
Best Books for IBPS Bank PO Bank Clerk SBI RRB RBI all exams in 2018
1. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal and S.Chand Publications – Revised Edition
About the Book
Comprehensive: The book is more comprehensive than ever before with more than 5500 questions (supported with answers and solutions—a hallmark of Quantitative Aptitude).
• Easy to follow: Chapters begin with easy-to-grasp theory complemented by formulas and solved examples. They are followed by a wide-ranging number of questions for practice.
• Latest & Updated: With questions (memory based) from examinations up till year 2016, the book captures the latest examination patterns as well as questions for practice.
Table of Content:
Section-I: Arithmetical Ability
• Number System • H.C.F. and L.C.M. of Numbers • Decimal Fractions • Simplification • Square Roots and Cube Roots • Average • Problems on Numbers • Problems on Ages • Surds and Indices • Logarithms • Percentage • Profit and Loss • Ratio and Proportion • Partnership • Chain Rule • Pipes and Cisterns • Time and Work • Time and Distance • Boats and Streams • Problems on Trains • Alligation or Mixture • Simple Interest • Compound Interest • Area • Volume and Surface Area • Races and Games of Skill • Calendar • Clocks • Stocks and Shares • Permutations and Combinations • Probability • True Discount • Banker’s Discount • Heights and Distances • Odd Man Out and Series
Section-II: Data Interpretation
• Tabulation • Bar Graphs • Pie Chart • Line Graphs
• Bank PO, SBI-PO, IBPS, RBI Exams
• MBA, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, CAT, IIFT, IGNOU
• SSC Combined Preliminary Exam, Hotel Management
• Sub-Inspectors of Police, CBI, CPO Exams
• UPSC-CSAT, SCRA and other State Services Exams
• Railway Recruitment Board Exams
• Campus Recruitment Tests.
Price- MRP 725/-
Available here for Rupees 458/- https://amzn.to/2sskBl
2. Quantitative Aptitude Chapter wise Solved papers by Kiran Prakashan
This book is a must have for all Bank Aspirants. This book consist of more than 6900 Solved questions from 1999 till date
1. Number System
5. Ratio and Proportion
6. Allegation or Mixture
8. Profit and loss
10. Simple Interest
11. Compound Interest
12. Time and Work
13. Time and Distance
14. Approximate Value
15. Permutation and Combination
17. Equations and Inequations
19. Data Sufficiency
20. Data Interpretation
21. Number Series
Price- book’s MRP is 495/-
Available for 420/- bucks here https://amzn.to/2LUGulz2LUGulz
3. Fast track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publications
The next book in line to prepare for Banking Exams is Arihant Publications Fast track Objective Arithmetics.
Price – This book’s MRP is 320)-
Available here https://amzn.to/2xCKKTF
4. A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning By R S Agarwal – 2018 Edition
About the Book:
This revised edition of A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning, while retaining the key strengths and structure of the previous edition, brings to the readers additional questions from various competitive examinations as per the latest pattern and trends.
A section on recent questions (based on memory) and their answers/solutions from different competitive examinations like SSC, SBI-CGL Tier I, AFCAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc. has been added.
The book carefully guides the candidates through faster, shorter and intelligent paths to take up the study both parts of the book, namely, Verbal, and Non-Verbal:
(a) By suitably arranging the questions based on the latest examination patterns.
(b) By providing a huge number of questions for practice, with solutions that can teach one the right approach towards solving them.
(c) By providing solved examples with full explanation to bring out the essence of each topic
Table Of Content:
PART-I: VERBAL REASONING
Section-I: General Mental Ability • Series Completion • Analogy • Classification • Coding-Decoding • Blood Relations • Puzzle Test • Sequential Output Tracing • Direction Sense Test • Logical Venn Diagrams • Alphabet Test • Alpha – Numeric Sequence Puzzle • Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test • Mathematical Operations • Logical Sequence of Words • Arithmetical Reasoning • Inserting the Missing Character • Data Sufficiency • Eligibility Test • Assertion and Reason • Situation Reaction Test • Verification of Truth of the Statement
Section-II: Logical Deduction • Logic • Statement – Arguments • Statement – Assumptions • Statement – Courses of Action • Statement – Conclusions • Deriving Conclusions from Passages • Theme Detection • Cause and Effect Reasoning
PART-II: NON-VERBAL REASONING
• Series • Analogy • Classification • Analytical Reasoning • Mirror-Images • Water-Images • Spotting Out the Embedded Figures • Completion of Incomplete Pattern • Figure Matrix • Paper Folding • Paper Cutting • Rule Detection • Grouping of Identical Figures • Cubes and Dice • Dot Situation • Construction of Squares and Triangles • Figure Formation & Analysis • Additional Questions with Answers
• IBPS-CWE Bank PO/Clerical/Specialist Officers, RRB Officers; SBI-PO/Clerical; NABARD &IDBI Bank Executive Offices
• SSC-CGL (Tier I and II); SSC-CHSL (10+2); SSC-FCI Grade III; SSC-CPO/SI/ASI, Income Tax etc.
• LIC/GIC/ UIICO AAOs, etc
• UPSC-CSAT, SCRA etc; and other State Services Exams
• Railways Grade ‘D’ & other Technical & Non-Technical Exam
• MAT; CMAT; CET (MBA); SNAP; BBA; BBM & other B School Admission Tests
• NTSE; CLAT; Hotel Management etc.
Book’s Price – 825/- MRP
Available here https://amzn.to/2kHCiJM for Rupees 660/-
5. A new Approach to Verbal and Non-stop Verbal Reasoning by Arihant – Latest edition
What the book offers
The revised version of ‘A New Approach To Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning’ has been divided into three comprehensive segments – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Each segment consists of chapters and sets of question papers, covering all different patterns of questions. The Verbal Reasoning segment covers generic quizzical questions related to analogy, coding, puzzles, clocks and calendars, finding the patterns of series, clerical assessment level questions, etc.
TheAnalytical Reasoning segment explores more real-time problems like syllogism, cause and effect of particular actions, differentiating between statements and arguments and processing them differently, arriving at correct assumptions, etc.
The Non-Verbal segment deals with questions which need to be mentally imagined like analogy and classification of substances, figuring out patterns to complete figures, imagining the mirror and water image of a particular image, etc.
The guidebook contains two sections – one section containing basic conceptual questions and the next section containing advanced level questions to make the students adept at their concepts.
Thousands of model questions and previous year’s questions from examinations of MAT, Bank PO entrance exam, SSC, RRB, RIB, etc. along with detailed solutions have been provided.
The numerous questions provided will let the aspirants get an idea of the type and level of questions asked in the examinations commonly. Thus, practicing questions in this book will help the students to gain confidence regarding the reasoning questions asked in the competitive tests.
Price – The Book’s MRP is 625/-
Available here https://amzn.to/2sCeXMV in 446/- bucks
6. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
A core book about English language and correct word usage; those who are preparing to sit for CAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and other such examinations would definitely stand to greatly benefit from this book. Anybody who wants to improve one’s vocabulary will also find it very useful.
Authored by Norman Lewis, the grammarian from New York who has several other English language books to his credit, ‘Word Power Made Easy’ has been published by Goyal Publishers and became popular soon after the first edition was released in the year 2009.
For those Indian students who have to clear the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), an essential examination for securing admission to many overseas universities, improving vocabulary and knowing about the correct usage of similarly spelled words or words pronounced words is most essential.
The book is broadly divided into three sections. By way of simple techniques, the author has presented easy tips for improving one’s vocabulary and word skills. After having created awareness about the new words and their meaning, he then goes onto explain how to make their correct usage.
Norman Lewis, by way of citing several examples, even explains the correct usage of many words that often have the user confused. The diction and many idioms are explained in detail. Picking up the correct synonym, when arriving at a particular expression, has also been explained.
A section of the book even explains many etymology concepts that one can easily adopt for getting a better grasp of the language. The book has been divided into oriented sessions that need action from the user and there are many exercises that challenge and enhance one’s language skills.
At the end of every chapter ends there is a review exercise. Putting oneself to test for these review exercises will give the user a progressive check about the grasp of the language one is gaining. At many places, the monotony of the chapters has been splintered with trivia that keeps the reader’s interest in the subject alive and even encourages one to keep practicing more.
The book is laid out in an easy to understand language but at places does challenge one comprehension of the subject. Since 2009, when this 686 page book was first released, it has only become more popular as the years have gone by.
Not just students who are seeking admission to prestigious foreign universities, this book also has many takers who are working to improve their vocabulary and general hold over the English language. The book is available in paperback.
Price – Book’s MRP is 169/-
Available here https://amzn.to/2J9SfD3 in 118/- bucks
7. Objective General English by S P Bakshi
The 735 page book has been updated to meet the needs of latest pattern of questions be put forth at the competitive examinations.
It also lays a lot of stress on the improvement and advancement of the communication skills. Students can use this book to prepare for NDA, Bank PO, SSC, CCS, MBA, UPSC and other exams.
Students who want to brush up their English skills can greatly benefit from this book from Arihant Publishing House.
Price – Book’s MRP is 285/-
Available here https://amzn.to/2Hggvl1 in 213/- Bucks
8. Manorama Year Book 2018
Manorama Year Books in English is India’s most popular GK fact book. The Yearbook is extremely useful for students preparing for various Competitive and entrance exams. It is also useful for teachers, Researchers, Media persons and laypersons alike.
It serves as an Up-to-date reference database covering varied topics like Science and Medicine, Space, Environment, Literature, History, 1000 Quiz, Sports, Policies and Schemes of government, Census reports, Election results, Religious Census report, Economic indicators, Art forms, National Days, new Appointments, list of Union Cabinet Ministers, GK, Awards, Books, Cinema, Sports, etc.
Price -Book’s MRPs 300/-
Available here https://amzn.to/2kIxVxX
for 239/- Bucks.
9. Lucent’s General Knowledge 2018
Checkout – https://amzn.to/2LOxKxz
Put together by an experienced battery of authors led by Dr Binay Kiran, the Lucent’s General Knowledge is spread out over 10 Chapters that deal with general knowledge information about history, Indian polity and constitution, geography, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, computers and other important information.
Those headed into competition examinations would certainly find the information packed in this ready reckoner most suitable; it will also prove a good companion for those who are serious participants at quiz contests and even for those who like to keep their general knowledge regularly updated.
The book presents brief but comprehensive enough information about the subject under a given topic, in a easy to understand language with a logical flow that is easy to remember and recall at critical moments.
Important names, places and dates have been duly highlighted, facts are placed in bullet points and the graphic illustrations make remembering the information presented easy to grasp.
Not expensive or heavy to carry around, the good print of this paperback reference book is comfortable to read at any time.
Price- Book’s MRP 216/-
Available on https://amzn.to/2xCvmHf
10. Disha’s Banking Awareness for Bank PO Bank Clerk
Checkout – https://amzn.to/2LUUg83
Crack the Bank Exam
Be it any exam, whether Bank PO, SO, Clerk, RRB or RBI, the book by Disha Publications, Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams is the perfect book for the exam aspirants.
This book contains all the topics that an aspirant requires to study in order to stand a good chance to clear Bank PO and other such exams. It has been comprehensively divided into sixteen chapters each covering a different part of the syllabus.
There are chapters which are completely devoted to the topics of the Indian Budget, Economy of India and the Financial Awareness. It also has a special chapter that covers the latest happenings in the banking sector of the country. With such a wide array of topics covered in a simple and easy way so that the aspirants find it very easy to comprehend the topics makes this book such a great seller.
A book for all
The unique quality about this book is the emphasis laid on the practice questions for Bank exam aspirants. After every chapter, there are exercises that are divided on the basis of questions based on previous exams question papers, whereas the second part of the exercise comprises of some new practice questions. So, if anyone is looking to find all their Bank PO, SO, Clerk, RRB or RBI exam problems in one place, this is the book to go for.
Price- MRP 170/-
Available on https://amzn.to/2LUUg83
11. Kiran’s Computer Literacy & Knowledge for Bank PO IBPS Bank Clerk
Checkout – https://amzn.to/2LTkI1y
The book Includes Solved Papers from 2015-2017
Also USEFUL for : UPSC, SSC, Railway, DSSSB, State PCS, States’ SSC and Other competitive and Academic Exams.
Compiled and Edited By : Achal Gupta
B.Tech ( Electronics and Telecommunication)
Total 48 Sets
30 Model Solved Papers (2015 to 2017)
18 Model Practice Sets
Chapterwise Objective Questions
3:- Introduction to Computer
4:- The basic Computer Architecture
6:- Data Representation
7:- Software Concepts
8:- Operating Systems
9:- Database management System
10:- Computer Networks
13:- Microsoft Office Word
14:- Microsoft office Excel
15:- Microsoft office PowerPoint
18 model practice sets
Important Questions Asked in Different Previous years Exams’
Model solved papers
Price – Book’s MRP 195/-
Available on https://amzn.to/2LTkI1y in 146 Bucks.
That’s all Best books for Banking Exams preparation. Also you can read monthly banking service Chronicle magazine and newspapers for latest general knowledge.
I will share about the syllabus and exam pattern of Banking Exams including RBI, RRB, IBPS Bank Clerk and Bank PO in details in my next article.