A Student’s ultimate guide to list of top 100 Colleges of India in 2018 overall rankings
Best 100 Institutes in India
1- All India Institute of Medical Science [AIIMS] Delhi
Basic information about the college
University Type –
AIIMS Delhi is a medical college & a public medical university located in New Delhi. There are total 7 AIIMS located at different locations in all over India. These branches are famous as AIIMS hospital or AIIMS University as they provide world-class medical facilities & uses advanced medical techniques & treatments. AIIMS offers its own medical degrees & distinctions in UG, PG & Doctoral programmes.
Post Graduate Studies at AIIMS, Delhi
With respect to the postgraduate education offered by the institution, the main objective is to enhance training & research facilities for the teachers of medical colleges and Students are exposed to new methods of medical teaching so that they could use them in future practices.
2- National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Banglore, Karnataka
University Type –State
NLSIU was established in 1987 as the first law university in India. It has established itself as a premier institute for the law studies in India. It offers UG and PG Law courses at campus. University also has student exchange programs with various top law schools in World. The admission to the university is done on the basis of National level entrance exam known as CLAT.
NLSIU Bangalore has bagged the First Position among Top Law Schools in India in Ranking done by various Magazines and Govt. Authorities. Here we have listed out all the Major Rankings of NLSIU Bangalore:
- Outlook Magazine – 1st
In the rankings done by Outlook Magazine for the year 2017, it outstands among all law colleges in India with the first Rank. Here are the details of Ranking Criteria of Outlook:
|Selection Process||255 points|
|Academic Excellence||173.5 Points|
|Personality Development||137 points|
*Maximum Points are 1000
- India Today – 1st
India Today also has given NLSIU Bangalore 1st rank among top 10 law colleges in India. India Today has ranked out based on various themes and factors. Based on each factor ranking a score is given which is included in the overall score and the Final Rank is evaluated.
Below are the details:
|Theme or Factors||Ranking|
|Reputation of College||1|
|Quality of Academic Input||1|
- Career India – 1st
Website Careerindia.com also ranked this college as #1 in its list of top law colleges in India.
3- National School of Design (NLD) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Type –Public (Autonomous)
National Institute of Design (NID), is a Design school in Ahmadabad was established in 1961. National Institute of Design, India’s premier and first design institute has been declared Institution of National Importance by the Act of Parliament, by virtue of the National Institute of Design Act. The institute functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, government of India. NID’s graduates have made a mark in key sectors of commerce, industry and social development by taking role of catalysts and through thought leadership.
- NID is focusing on Advancing educational and research excellence through SEED (System for Educational Excellence in Design) in a learner centric ‘NID’ way
- Vision of the school is “To undertake fundamental and applied research to create cutting edge knowledge in the areas of design especially those concerned with user understanding and trends”
- Mission of the school is “To provide design intervention for craft, handloom, rural technology, small, medium and large scale enterprises, and outreach programmes for capability and institution building and sustainable livelihood, employment opportunities and economic growth”
- NID has taken five decades of pioneering hard work by the academic community at the institute to develop a system of education which lays more emphasis on learning than on mere instruction
4- Indian Institute of India
(IIT) Kharagpur, West Bengal
University Type – Autonomous
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, popularly known as IIT Kharagpur or IIT KGP, was established in the year 1951. It is a Public Engineering Institute and is located in Kharagpur, West Bengal. The institute offers B.Tech, B.Arch., Integrated, LLB, LLM, M.Tech., MCP, M.Sc., MBA, EMBA, MMST, and Ph.D. program to the aspirants.
Admissions in IIT Kharagpur are based on the marks secured by the students in the following entrance tests – JEE Main/ Advanced for B.Tech./ B.Arch., GATE for M.Tech., JAM for M.Sc., CAT for MBA/ MHRM and Entrance Tests conducted by the Institute for LLB, LLM, MMST and Ph.D. applicants.
IIT Kharagpur Highlights
|Type of University||Autonomous University|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Campus Area||2100 Acres|
Over 3,50,000 Documents
300 Print Journals.
|How to Reach||12 KM (Khargpur Bus Stand)
7.9 KM (Kharagpur Jn.)
144.4 KM (Kolkata Airport)
IIT Kharagpur Courses And Admission
IIT Kharagpur UG Admission
IIT Kharagpur offers undergraduate courses like Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) and Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) to provide education in the field of Technology and Architecture along with a five-year integrated course (B.Tech. + M.Tech.). Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech. program have to go through a national level entrance test, while those willing to take admission in B.Arch. and integrated B.Tech. + M.Tech needs to go through LLB program candidates have to appear in an entrance test conducted by IIT.
5- Christian Medical College (CMC
Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Type –Public Institute
Affiliated to – TN MGR University
Christian Medical College, Vellore (CMC), was established and maintained by the Christian Medical College Vellore Association. The purpose of the Christian Medical College is to train the dedicated persons to run, manage and provide health care in the spirit of Christ through the mission hospitals. The college offers multiple UG, PG & Doctoral Courses focusing on the areas of Medicine, Surgery and Nursing. CMC Vellore Admission is done through entrance examination followed by Interview round. The college also accepts NEET score for admission to MBBS program.
The present town campus was acquired in 1924 and a 267 bed hospital was built. The Christian Medical College, Vellore, began in 1918 when Dr Scudder started training female for the Licentiate Diploma (LMP). The first batch of male students was admitted in 1947 and permanent affiliations to the Madras University was done in 1950.
CMC Vellore Highlights
|Approved by||MCI (Medical Council of India)|
|How to Reach||Ida Scudder Road Vellore – 632004 Tamil Nadu, India|
CMC Vellore Courses
CMC Vellore provides admission to various courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. The list of courses consists of MBBS, B.Sc., BOT, BPT, BPO, Diploma courses etc. The duration of every program is different. To know more about courses click here CMC Vellore Courses And Fees.
CMC also offers PGDG, PGDFM, DFID and M.Med programs through Distance Education mode. Admissions are granted on the basis of merit with preference to the relevant experience.
6- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
University Type –Autonomous
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) is a public business School. It is the second Indian Institute of Management (IIM) to be established, after IIM Kolkata. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India and in the Asia-Pacific region. The institute provides Post graduations, Diploma, Certificate, Executive and fellowship Programs in Management. Selection for these courses is done through the CAT, GMAT and GRE.
IIM Ahmedabad Highlights
|Type||Public Business School|
|Campus Area||106 acres|
IIM Ahmedabad Courses
IIM Ahmedabad MBA
IIMA offers two years full-time Post-graduation program which is equivalent to MBA in various streams in Management. Admission is based on the graduation Percentage, Performance in Academic Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI) and CAT Scores. And for Foreign National admission is done through GMAT Exam
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA
IIM Ahmedabad offers one year Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX). Selection is based on graduation marks and valid scores in GMAT/GRE. Applicant should have four years of work experience after completion of graduation.
IIM Ahmedabad PGP-FABM
IIM Ahmedabad offers full-time Post-Graduate Program in Food and Agribusiness Management. Admission is based on the basis of graduation scores and CAT or GMAT Exam.
Common Admission Test is a National Level Exam conducted by one of the IIMs on a rotational basis. It is a computer-based exam for admissions under Management department like MBA and PG Diploma in Management, minimum Eligibility For CAT is graduation.
Graduate Management Admission Test is a National Level Online Entrance test which is conducted by GMAC. It is considered as one of the most acceptable platforms for selecting students for Management Program.
Graduate Record Examination is an internationally standardized test which is required for admission to most of the graduate schools in the United States of America. It is also accepted by some of the most popular Graduate and Business schools in various countries of the world. It conducts many times in a year.
7- Institute of Hotel Management, catering technology and Applied Nutrition (IHM) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition first of its kind in South East Asia was founded in the year 1954 by the All India Women’s Central Food Council under the leadership of Late Smt. Lilavati Munshi. The Institute shifted to its own separate campus in Dadar built on the land leased by the State Government. With Miss. Thangam E. Philip as its Principal, the growth of the Institute was spectacular with funds coming from the State Government and the Central Government. In 1979 the Central Government took over the total financial responsibility of the Institute
Facts and Figures of Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition –
|Year of Establishment||1954|
|On campus strength||104|
|How to Reach||3 Kms from Dadar Railway Station|
Why to Join Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition ?
· State-of-the-art infrastructure- The institute provides a well-equipped infrastructure with the latest equipments and technologies available for the students
· Highly qualified and experienced faculty members- The faculty of the institute is well trained and is highly experienced in the field
· Industry-relevant curriculum- The institute has designed a curriculum that is relevant in the industry and prepares the students to get a place in the industry easily
· 100% placement assistance- IHM provides full assistance to all the students by training them appropriately and has big companies as their recruiters
8- School of Planning & Architecture (SPA) New Delhi
University Type –Deemed
School of Planning and Architecture is known to have an unassuming starting in the year 1941 and it gradually earned fame as Department of Architecture of Delhi in the genre of polytechnic.
- In 1979, the Indian Govt. through the then Ministry of Education & Culture bestowed on the School of Planning & Architecture the status of a much prestige Deemed University.
- This is a renowned University, one and only of its sorts, which solely furnishes training and learning at different levels, in distinctive parts of the human environment and nature.
- The institution is known for presenting with scholarly programmes in specific genres of Master’s and Bachelor’s level.
- The present SPA Delhi facilities are found close ITO in Indraprastha Estate.
- It is the top ranked college in India for architecture & also the 7th best in Asia
9- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) New Delhi
University Type –Autonomous
IIT Delhi is an Autonomous and Finest University was established in the year 1961. IIT Delhi is one of the best institutes in the country, ranked 1st consecutively for 3 years by Outlook which is one of the prestigious ranking magazines in India. IIT Delhi conducts various programs including undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programs. Admissions are taken through entrance exams such as JEE, GATE, and JAM. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is situated at 325 acres land in Hauz Khas, South Delhi and is well connected by public transports. It is just 10 km from Delhi airport and 14 km from New Delhi railway station.
IIT Delhi Courses
The list of Courses Offered By IIT Delhi includes B.Tech, B.Tech+M.Tech, M.Tech, M.Des, M.Sc, M.Sc (Research), MBA, PG Diploma and Ph.D. The institutes offer these courses in many specializations such as Engineering, Technology, Management etc.
10- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) New Delhi
University Type –Deemed to be
Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) commonly known as Pusa Institute is India’s premier national Institute for agricultural research, education and extension.
- The Institute is situated in Delhi and financed and administered by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The IARI was responsible for the research leading to the “Green Revolution in India” of the 1970s.
- The IARI has the status of a ‘Deemed-to-be-University’ under the UGC Act of 1956, and awards M.Sc. & Ph.D. degrees in various agricultural disciplines.
- The present campus is a self-contained sylvan complex spread over an area of 500 hectares (approx. 1250 acres) and located about 8 km (5 miles) west of New Delhi
- The Institute has 20 divisions 5 multi-disciplinary Centres situated in Delhi, 2 off-season nurseries, 8 regional stations, 3 All India coordinated research projects with headquarters at IARI and 10 national Centres functioning under the all India coordinated research projects.
- It has the sanctioned staff strength of 3540 comprising scientific, technical, administrative and supporting personnel.
Schools at IARI:
- School of Crop Improvement
- School of Plant Protection
- School of Basic Sciences
- School of Natural Resource Management
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Horticultural Science
11- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
University Type –Autonomous
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, is an Autonomous business school and it works under the guidelines of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India. It offers many postgraduate and Doctoral Programs in Management. Admission for all courses done on the basis of National Level entrance exams like CAT/GRE/ GMAT/ NET. IIM Bangalore also conducts entrance test for doctoral programs. For NRI students institute accepts GMAT Scores.
IIM Bangalore Highlights
|Campus Area||100 acres|
IIM Bangalore has a vast network of partner B schools for student exchange programs. Following institutes are-
- Australian School of Business, Australia
- Queen’s School of Business, Queen’s University, Canada
- European Business School, Oestrich-Winkel, Germany
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Asian Institute of Management, Philippines
- University of Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, United States
12- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, Chennai
University Type –Central
IIT Madras is a public engineering institute that was set up in the year 1959 in Madras through an Act of Parliament. IIT Madras Admissions are entirely based on the marks in National level entrance exams such as IIT JAM, JEE Advanced, CAT etc. IIT Madras was the third Indian Institute of Technology after IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur. The 617.8-Acre campus is one of India’s most prestigious institute to gain recognition as an Institute of National Importance by Government of India.
Check IIT Madras – JEE Advanced Cutoff
IIT Madras Courses And Eligibility
IIT Madras offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programs in streams like Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management.
13- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
University Type –Autonomous
Established – 1959
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, popularly known as IIT Kanpur, was established in the year 1959. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated and research programs in the field of Engineering, Science, Management, and Design.
IIT Kanpur Admissions to B.Tech, B.S, and dual degree courses are offered through JEE Advanced, and for M.Sc programs admission is offered through JAM. A valid GATE score is required for admission to the M.Tech./ MS program and for M.Des. course it is offered on the basis of CEED score.
IIT Kanpur Highlights
|Location||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
IIT Kanpur Courses Offered
The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. All the programs are examined below:
IIT Kanpur offers B.Tech and B.S. in the field of Science and Technology. Students with a good score in JEE Main is considered for B.Tech and B.S programs.
IIT Kanpur M Tech and MS courses admissions are based on the merit of the students in GATE Entrance Exam. Admission to the IIT Kanpur MBA course is based on the CAT Entrance Exam score. A valid score in JAM/ CEED Entrance Exam is required for the M.Sc and M.Des. courses respectively.
IIT Kanpur PhD Admissions 2018 in various specializations are offered to the candidate with Master’s degree in relevant discipline along with a valid GATE score.
14- Lady Shri Ram College for women (LSR) New Delhi
Affiliation –DU , New Delhi
Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR) is one of the best women’s arts college in University of Delhi eshtablished by Lala Shri Ram in the memory of his wife Phoolan Devi(Lady Shri Ram) in the year 1956.
- At its inception college had small building in Daryaganj with only 243 student and 9 faculty but now college has over 2000 students and 150 faculty members
- Now college has a campus of 15 acres located in Lajpat Nagar, South Delhi
- LSR has not just kept pace with the changing world, but has been the pioneering spirit behind many innovations in the field of education
- LSR is committed to teach students that with good knowledge there comes big resposibilty to transform the society.
- It has been counted among the top best colleges for offering excellence in Arts & Commerce
- College offers 16 Courses to study
- Aung San Suu Kyi: Pro-democracy activist and leader of the National League for Democracy in Burma, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- Anjali Gopalan: Nobel Peace Prize Nominee and hounoured with Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur,Founder of Naz Foundation (India) Trust
- Sujatha Singh: Indian Foreign Secretary
- Chhavi Rajawat: Sarpanch of village Soda
- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
- Anupriya Patel: MLA Uttar Pradesh
- Shweta Rajpal Kohli: Economic Affairs
15- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune, Maharashtra
Affiliation – MUHS, Nashik
The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is a leading medical college of India, and is most renowned for Centre of excellence in research & education. It was founded in 1948 & presently governed by the Indian Armed Forces. It was ranked 3rd by the India today in 2013. More than 6000 graduates have been passed out from this college till now. The AFMC is fully funded by the Armed Forces of India.
- The Graduate section in AFMC was developed in 1962 with the aim of increasing the intakes of graduate into the Armed Force. It is presently affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- The college is well recognized by the Medical Council of India for conducting 5 years along with 6 months teaching internship program in MBBS.
- Every year there are total 130 seats offered by AFMC in the MBBS course out of which 105 are reserved for boys, 25 for girls and the remaining 10 seats for the SC/ST candidates.
- The college also offers training programs to undergraduates, post graduates, dental post graduates, paramedical & nursing.
- AFMC is a research Centre for identification of pathogens, confirmation of disease and classification of blood disorders and it also acts as a referral center, designated by WHO for certain diseases such as HIV-regional laboratory and center for rickettsial diseases.
- AFMC is a research and referral center for confirmation of disease, identification of pathogens (viral and bacterial) and classification of blood disorders
- It is the first college to start up Surgery Department in India in 1950. The college is accountable for serving the well qualified & excellent specialists to the Armed Forces.
- To take admission in MBBS course, students have to pass an objective type written exam All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT), conducted on 28 centers all over India & then they have to clear the Interview.
- The institute has provided all sports facilities like Tennis, basketball, playground & swimming pool. Additionally, an open air cinema hall screen is also available in the campus.
- Hospitals that are affiliated with AFMC include Command Hospital (Southern Command), Military Hospital (Cardio Thoracic Centre), Artificial Limb Centre and Military Hospital (Khadki).
- Candidates who complete their MBBS from AFMC are mandatory to work as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces. They also have to give a written bond obliging this rule at the time of their joining. As soon as the candidates complete their MBBS course half of them are given permanent commission and the rest are given short services commission jobs.
Academic Overview: AFMC is the best college for starting up professional career in medical studies. It is well known for the center of excellence in education & research. It offers various Nursing programs, MBBS & various post graduate programs. Some notable departments are-
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Hospital Administration
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Micro logy
- Department of Pharmacology
16- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore, Karnataka
Affiliation- MU Manipal
Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore was established in 1955. It is a constituent part of Manipal University founded by Dr. TMA Pai. It got recognition from Medical Council of India in 1958. It was soon recognised by The General Medical Council of Great Britain, The Malaysian Medical Council and The Australian Medical Council. It also received full (AAHRPP) Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs accreditation in Dec 2011—a first in India. It was the first self financing medical college in India and it was also the first Institution of India who has followed the Public Private Partnership. The college was first affiliated to Karnataka University and later in 1965 to Mysore University, followed by affiliation to Mangalore University in 1980.
Department of Anesthesiology
Department of Anatomy
Department of Audiology
Department of Biochemistry
Department of Cardiology
Department of Community Medicine
Department of Dermatology
Department of Forensic Medicine
Department of Microbiology
Department of Neurosurgery
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Department of Orthopaedics
Department of Pathology
Department of Pharmacology
Department of Physiology
Department of Radiotherapy & Oncology
Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore
Wenlock District Hospital, Mangalore
Government Lady Goschen Hospital, Mangalore
KMC has student and faculty exchange and other academic collaborations with the following international universities:
University of Missisipi, USA
University of Kentucky, USA
Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Lille University of Health & Law, France
Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Vanderbelt University, USA
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
University of Antwerp, Belgium
17- Institute of Hotel Management
Catering and Nutrition (IHM) Pusa, New Delhi
Affiliation – IGNOU Delhi
IHM Pusa in New Delhi is only institute of hospitality industry in India which is exclusively certified to HACCP. It was ranked at number one by Outlook and The week in 2013. This institute aims to be known across the globe as an institution with excellence for knowledge and skill. It offers various courses including M.Sc. In Dietetics & Food Service Management, B.Sc. In Hotel Administration and Hospitality and various diploma courses in Bakery & Confectionery, Food & Beverage Service and many Craftsmanship Course in Food & Beverage Service, Food Production and many more.
Facts And Figures Of IHM, Pusa
|Campus Residents||About 150|
|How to Reach||18kms from the Yamuna Expressway in Uttar Pradesh|
Why To Join IHM, Pusa?
- Ranking: Recognised as rank one institute of this field for last five years. Outlook and The Week had ranked it at first in hospitality industry in India again in year 2013. First institute of this field with HACCP certification in India.
- Infrastructure: Well equipped lab facilities including Advance training kitchen, Quality Food Kitchen, Basic Training Kitchen, Bakery Kitchen, Confectionery Lab, Training Restaurant, Housekeeping Laboratories, Computer Laboratory, Food Science Laboratory, Micro Biology Lab and Biochemistry lab.
- Placements: Various leading group of this industry across the globe offer jobs like Burj Al Arab, Dubai, Hotel Le Meridien at Dubai, Kasco Aviation Services at Kuwait, Hyatt International, Dubai International Limited, Oberoi Group, ITC Maurya Sheraton, The Grand, ITDC, IRCTC, Jaypee Hotels, Jet Airways and many more
- International Collaboration: Various international collaborations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and many more countries.
18- Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Affiliation – DU New Delhi
The Faculty of Law, Universty of Delhi was established in 1924. The Law Faculty is said to be one of the largest law schools in India. It was established as part of the Delhi University under the Faculty of Law. The college attracts students from every state of India and more than twenty countries of Asia, Europe, America and South Africa.
- Motto of the college is “Educate, Evolve, Excel”.
- Campus Law Centre, a dynamic leader in the field of legal education has produced many Supreme Court and High Court Judges, distinguished jurists, leading advocates, cabinet ministers and legal luminaries.
- Shri Kapil Sibal, Minister of Law and Justice and Communications and Information Technology, Justices Vikramajit Sen and Arjan Sikri Judges, Supreme Court of India, 31 sitting Judges of Delhi High Court-Shri Mohan Parasaran, Solicitor General of India -Ms. Alka Sharma, Registrar University of Delhi are some of the glittering stars of Campus Law Centre.
- It has been consistently ranked in the top three laws schools of the country and finished at the second position in the year 2012.
- There are twelve hostels for male and female students who are pursuing full-time courses in the University.
Notable alumni –
- Ajit jogi -Former Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Arun Jaitley – Cabinet Minister In PM Narendra Modi’s Government As Minister Of Defence & Minister Of Finance
- Kiran Bedi – Former Director General at the Bureau of Police Research and Development
- O.P. Verma – Former Chief Justice of Kerala High Court
Structure of LL.B. Entrance Exam-The Entrance Test Paper will have 175 Objective Type Questions with Multiple Choice Answers. Each question carries 4 marks and wrong answer deducts 1 marks. Generally cut off varies between 300-450 for all the three centers.
Structure of LL.M. Entrance Exam-The Test paper will consist of 175 Objective Type Questions with Multiple Choice Answers in the following areas- Constitutional Law of India, Jurisprudence, Law of Contracts (General Principles), Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Family Law of Marriage & Divorce and Public International Law (Law of Peace).
19- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Type –Public Institute
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Mumbai established in the year 1995.It is aninstitution of design, management and technology for the international fashion brand. The institute located in Mumbai, which is the gateway to Fashion World in the country .
Some of the key points of the NIFT, Mumbai are :
- NIFT Mumbai campus started on 19th of April 2006 which was inaugrated by Chief minister of Maharashtra
- It was set up under the aegis of aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
- NIFT Mumbai has attained national repute for its pre-eminent status as an industry oriented state-of-the-art training centre and has reached the pinnacle of academic excellence and thought leadership on different fashion platforms
- Since the establishment of NIFT in 1986 there are more than 6000 Alumni, who are working at various levels as Entrepreneurs, Brand Managers, Quality Controllers, Designers, Fashion Coordinators, Merchandisers, Production Managers, Marketing Heads. etc. in leading national and international organizations. Some of the alumni have become successful brands themselves
- The college aims at releasing mass of highly competent technical professionals in the area of Fashion Design, Technology and Management capable of providing leadership to the Indian Fashion industry, to enable it to compete better in the global economy
20- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, Karnataka
University Type –Deemed to be
Indian Institute of Science was founded by Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata in 1909. The institute was established to promote scientific temper and research attitude in the nation. With 34 departments and centers organized into the 6 divisions, IISC offers the industry a large talent pool to choose from.
IISc Bangalore offers various level of programs such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral courses. Check Indian Institute Of Science Admission
- IISc offers admission to its four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) program. Students who will appear for the 12th board exams and those who have passed in 12th boards are eligible for admission.
- Various postgraduate courses offered in IISc are Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Design(M.Des). Eligibility Criteria for admission is BE/ B Tech/ B Des/ B Arch degrees, with valid GATE or CEED scores. Selection of M.Tech and M.Des is based on valid GATE Scores.
- Master of Management (M.Mgt) is a postgraduate program with the student intake of 15. Candidates need to qualify BE/ B.Tech or equivalent degree (with a valid GATE or CAT or GMAT). Selection of candidates will be based on screening of GATE 2015/2016 /2017 / CAT 2017 /GMAT scores, group discussion and personal interview conducted at the Institute.
- The Institute offers various opportunities for pursuing advanced research in areas of science, engineering and technology. Ph.D. is offered in 38 different fields of specialization.
21- Maulana Azad, Medical College (MAMC) New Delhi
Affiliation- DU New Delhi
The Maulana Azad Medical College was well established in 1959 & is the premier medical institute in India. Presently it is controlled by central Government & Delhi Government. It is affiliated to Delhi University & Consistently ranked 5th among top medical colleges of India. It is named after the first education minister Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad.
- The stretched campus includes its major associated hospitals named Lok Nayak Hospital, the Guru Nanak Eye Centre & the GB Pant Hospital & the college
- The primary objective of college is to create competent & excellent specialists, doctors & super specialists
- It has extended its medical care facilities for the local civilians through health care programs
- The college offers undergraduate, Graduate & post graduate degrees of MS, MD including nursing& other programs
- Presently the students, who want to take admission in MAMC, have to go through competitive exam (NEET-UG)
- From 2013 onwards (new policies of college), the total of 250 seats will be provided to the students every year.
- Dr. Himanshu Tyagi, Psychiatrist and noted Internet psychology researcher in UK. In July 2008, he was attributed to as a leading psychiatrist in UK by BBC.
- Dr. I. D. Bajaj is the First reader of anatomy department. He later rose to the position of Director General of Health Services.
- Dr. Charu Taneja. She is a Surgical Oncologist and Director of the Breast Health Program at Roger Williams Medical Center at Boston University & She graduated from Maulana Azad Medical College in 1989.
- Dr. Tajinder Singh (Pediatric, Cardiologist and Assistant Professor in Harvard Medical School).
Academic Overview: As it is ranked 5th among top best colleges in India, it focuses on creating well qualified & brilliant medical specialists who can serve to nation. The medical institute offers the Degree of MBBS, post graduate degrees of MS; MD & specialty fellowship degrees of MCH & DM. Attached hospitals provide training facility to the interns.
It is the Centre of Excellence for various departments like-
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Anesthesia
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Radio Diagnosis
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Surgery
Extracurricular: MAMC organizes various extracurricular activities throughout the year. Some of them are-
Certificate Course in Yoga: As it is the medical college, it lays more emphasis on providing best health programs to the students. So, the college organizes Yoga classes as a part of practical training for certificate course.
MAMCOS: Maulana Azad Medical College Old Students’ Association was formed in the year 1971. Every year a grand get-to-gather is organized. Maulanian Silver Jubilee Trust organizes scientific programs and career guidance sessions.
22- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and
Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, Puducherry
University Type –Autonomous
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) marked as an “Institute of National Importance” which imparts undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) medical training is a public university located in Pondicherry (India). It is also a residential working JIPMER Hospital which provides medical care facility to a large number of patients.
23- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, Uttarakhand
University Type –Autonomous